Cornish Pilot Gig 'Golden Eagle', Isles of Scilly, 1970s

About this item

Identifier

CPGA_BUSH_012

Description

Cornish Pilot Gig 'Golden Eagle' which was built in 1870 by the Peters family of St Mawes for Bryher in the Isles of Scilly and later purchased by Newquay Gig Rowing Club. It was sold back to the Islands in 1964. In the background is Bishop Rock Lighthouse which is four miles west of the Isles of Scilly.

Date

1970-1979

Rights

Vanessa Bush

Coverage

Isles of Scilly

Format

print

Publisher

cornishmemory.com

Creator

F.E. Gibson, Isles of Scilly

Type

Still image


Social Bookmarking



Collection

Cornish Pilot Gig Association




Citation
F.E. Gibson, Isles of Scilly, “Cornish Pilot Gig 'Golden Eagle', Isles of Scilly, 1970s,” cornishmemory.com, accessed September 23, 2020, http://www.cornishmemory.com/item/CPGA_BUSH_012.
Support Us

This site is run by Azook CIC, a not-for-profit organisation. Please help us to expand and develop cornishmemory.com.



Follow Us

Follow us on Twitter



Item data

Metadata for this item is available in the following formats:

atom | dcmes-xml | json | omeka-xml