Cornish Pilot Gig ‘Shah’, St Mary's, c1970s
About this item
Cornish Pilot Gig ‘Shah’ rowed by the men's crew in St Mary’s in the Isles of Scilly. ‘Shah’ was built by the Peters family of St Mawes in 1873 originally owned by St Agnes shareholders, sold to Newquay Rowing Club, loaned back to the islands from Newquay Gig Rowing Club from 1963 but was sold back to the islands in this year.
CitationVanessa Bush, “Cornish Pilot Gig ‘Shah’, St Mary's, c1970s,” cornishmemory.com, accessed September 22, 2023, https://www.cornishmemory.com/item/CPGA_BUSH_005.
This site is run by Azook CIC, a not-for-profit organisation. Please help us to expand and develop cornishmemory.com.
Metadata for this item is available in the following formats: