Cornish Pilot Gig 'Golden Eagle', Isles of Scilly, 1970s
About this item
Cornish Pilot Gig 'Golden Eagle' which was built in 1870 by the Peters family of St Mawes for Bryher in the Isles of Scilly and later purchased by Newquay Gig Rowing Club. It was sold back to the islands in 1964. In the background is Bishop Rock Lighthouse which is four miles west of the Isles of Scilly.
Isles of Scilly
F.E. Gibson, Isles of Scilly
CitationF.E. Gibson, Isles of Scilly, “Cornish Pilot Gig 'Golden Eagle', Isles of Scilly, 1970s,” cornishmemory.com, accessed February 22, 2024, https://www.cornishmemory.com/item/CPGA_BUSH_011.
This site is run by Azook CIC, a not-for-profit organisation. Please help us to expand and develop cornishmemory.com.
Metadata for this item is available in the following formats: