Cornish Pilot Gigs, Isles of Scilly, 1976

About this item

Identifier

CPGA_GKING_001

Description

Cornish Pilot Gigs on the beach at St Mary’s. Among those pictured are 'Good Intent' built in 1975 by Tom Chudleigh of St Mary’s, named after a historic Newquay fish cellar, ‘Nornour’ built in 1971 by Gerald Pearn of Looe, ‘Serica” built in 1967 by Tom Chudleigh of St Mary’s, ‘Bonnet’ built in 1830 and ‘Golden Eagle’ built in 1870 both by the Peters family of St Mawes.

Date

1976

Rights

Gill King

Coverage

Isles of Scilly

Format

print

Publisher

cornishmemory.com

Type

still image


Social Bookmarking



Collection

Cornish Pilot Gig Association




Citation
“Cornish Pilot Gigs, Isles of Scilly, 1976,” cornishmemory.com, accessed July 15, 2024, https://www.cornishmemory.com/item/CPGA_GKING_001.
Support Us

This site is run by Azook CIC, a not-for-profit organisation. Please help us to expand and develop cornishmemory.com.



Follow Us

Follow us on Twitter



Item data

Metadata for this item is available in the following formats:

atom | dcmes-xml | json | omeka-xml